March 31, 2023, Washington, D.C.
The SEC will host the Municipal Securities Disclosure Conference on May 10, 2023, and people can now sign up to attend. This hybrid in-person and online conference will bring together issuers, investors, and anyone interested in the municipal securities market to examine the current state of transparency in this sector.
The list of Conference on Municipal Securities subjects includes:
- Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices in the municipal market; how the Financial Data Transparency Act affects the municipal market; how municipal issuers usually share information;
- The municipal securities market concerns both new and old.
- SEC Chair Gary Gensler, Commissioners Hester Peirce and Jaime Lizárraga, and OMS employees, like Director Dave Sanchez, will be at the conference.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is in charge of keeping an eye on municipal securities.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission’s Office of Municipal Securities (OMS) is in charge of coordinating the SEC’s oversight of municipal securities and enforcing the Commission’s rules for brokers and dealers of municipal securities, municipal advisors, investors in municipal securities, and municipal issuers.
- The Office of Municipal Securities (OMS) provides the Commission with advice on municipal securities market policy issues and is in charge of developing, coordinating, and implementing Commission measures meant to improve the municipal securities market.
- Visit OMS’s website to learn more about the municipal securities market and the agency’s operations, as well as to register for the conference.
- Registration for the conference will remain open until May 5, 2023, pending approval.
- Email SEC Public Affairs at [email protected] if you’re with the press and have questions about the conference.
If you have any problems registering, please call (202) 551-5680 or email [email protected] to speak with someone from the Office of Municipal Securities.